Southern California Edison is one of America’s largest electricity provider company. Southern California Edison provides electricity to the California mainly. Southern California Edison provides energy to more than 15 million people and its network is spread more than 50,000 square kilometers across the California. SEC Not only committing to provide excellent and efficient electricity providing services but also cares about the environment by introducing green environment concepts.
Since SEC is enjoying a large customer base, SEC is also caring for its customers by providing different methods for the bills. Owing to the advancement of internet and technology, SEC has introduced online bill payment systems. Today, I am going to discuss the different bill payment methods for the SEC.
Before discussing the payment methods, I am going to discuss the online registration method because you may need an online registration with the SEC to make the online bill payment. After the online registration, I’ll discuss the different payment methods in detail.
Online Account Creation with SEC
SEC gives the facility to its customers to make an online account with the SEC so that you can make the bill payments. In addition, you can use your online account to see your bills and your other details.
- Visit go paperless at sce.com/billing
- Click on the login/register at the top right corner of the page
- You’ll see a pop option
- Click register on that option
- Next page will ask you your name, email address, and password
- After giving the above details, click next
- The next page will ask you your bill ID that you can find on your bill
- Click next
- The next page will ask you to enter the code that is sent to your email address
- When you enter the code, click confirm
That’s all, you have created an online account with the SEC and you can use this account to make the bill payments.
Now, I am going to discuss the different bill payment methods that you can use to make the bill payments to SEC.
You can use the following methods to pay the SEC bills:
- Pay SEC bill online
- Pay SEC bill with your Credit/Debit card
- Pay SEC bill by Electronic transfer
- Pay SEC bill by phone
- Pay SEc bill by mail
- Pay SEC bill by personal visit
Let’s discuss all the SEC bill payment methods in detail.
How to Pay SEC Bill Online?
The most convenient and fast way to pay the SEC bills is online.Almost, 70% of the SEC customers are paying bills online. There are two methods that you can use to make the SEC bill payment online.
1 Pay Online as a Guest
If you do not have an online account with SEC, then you can pay the bill as a guest on SEC’s website. Let’s discuss in detail:
- Go to SCE.Com/ebilling
- Click on the pay as a guest on the left side of the page
- The next page will ask you your name, your zip code, and your bill ID, you can find your bill ID on the bill
- Click verify customer information after filling the above details
- After verifying the details, next page will ask you your banking details such as your bank account number, routing number, and type of account
- You also have to write the amount that you want to pay
- Click on the pay button
- The amount will be deducted from your bank account and will be paid for your bill
2 Pay through Account Online
On the other hand, you can pay online through your account. I have already elaborated the method at the start of the article about creating an account with the SEC. Now what you have to do is just log into that account and make the bill payment.
- Go to SCE.Com/ebilling
- Click pay your bill on the left side of the page
- Next page will ask you your email address and your password
- Click log in at the end of the page
- You can see your bills in your account
- Click the pay bill option in your account
- Next page will ask you your bank details such as bank account number, routing number, and type of account
- Write the amount
- Click pay now
That’s it, you have paid the bill successfully online through your account.
Pay the SEC Bill Using Credit/Debit Card
You can use your credit or debit card to make the SEC bill payments.
- You have to visit go paperless at sce.com/billing
- Click Pay now
- The next page will ask you your bill ID and your mailing address
- After giving the details, you’ll be able to access the payment page
- Write your credit/debit card number
- Write the CVV code that is written on the back of the credit card
- Write the expiry date of the cade
- Write that amount that you want to pay
- Click pay
That’s all, you have paid the SEC bill using your credit/debit card.
Pay SEC Bill By Electronic Funds Transfer
Another method that you can use to make the SEC bill payment is transferring the funds electronically. Let’s see how can you make the payment electronically. You have to register for the internet banking with your bank. Regardless the bank, you can make an online account with your bank and it will give you a direct access to your account. After that, you can follow the below given steps to make the SEC bill payment:
- Log into your bank account
- Select the bills payment option
- Select the SEC from the list of the companies
- write the Bill ID
- Write the amount
- Click the pay button
Paying through your bank account online is very easy and it pays the bill immediately. It will not take time to make the payment. You can pay anytime any day.
Pay SEC Bill by Phone
Alternatively, you can pay the SEC bill by using your phone. you have to follow the below given steps to make the SEC bill payment by phone:
- Call at the SEC customer services number 1 800 655 4555
- Go to the payment option
- Dial the Bill ID
- Dial the bank details such as account number, routing number, and type of account
- Dial the amount that you want to pay
- Dial the confirmation digit
The above bill payment method is for the guests or persons who are paying the bill first time by the phone. Additionally, you can also save your details so that you don’t have to dial your details when you call next time. You can pay your bill directly. However, you must have to call at the SEC customer services toll-free number 1 800 877 8600. In this way, you’ll save your payment details.
Pay SEC Bill by Mail
You can pay your SEC bills by mail. You have to send cheques, money orders or demand drafts to the SEC to make the payment. You shall receive a form with your bill. You have to fill that form and send the form to the following address along with the instrument to make the payment:
- Southern California Edison
P.O. Box 600
Rosemead, CA 91771-0001
You must have to send the cheques at least 3 days before the due date because cheques take the time to get cleared.
On the other hand, if you are business customers, then you have to send the cheques to the following address:
- Southern California Edison
P.O. Box 300
Rosemead, CA 91772-0001
Pay SEC Bill by Personal Visit
You can pay the SEC bill by visiting any SEC-affiliated payment agency. You can pay with cash, cheques, money orders and demand drafts. If you are paying with cash, then you can pay on the last date; nevertheless, if you are paying with cheques, then you have to pay at least three days before the due date.
You have to produce your bill ID at the payment center. They will fill a form and will give you a receipt for payment. Visit SCE.Com/ebilling to locate your nearest SEC bill payment agency.